Revit User's Manual
Revit is Building Information Modeling (BIM) sofware for Microsoft Windows developed by Autodesk. It allows the user to design with parametric modelling and drafting elements with a fully integrated database. There are three software packages within the Revit BIM family of software: Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, and Revit MEP. Each package is targeted toward the architectural, structural, and mechanical/electrical/plumbing disciplines respectively. Autodesk purchased the software from Massachusetts-based Revit Technologies in 2002. The latest released version is 2011.
Autodesk has a proprietary, censored, wiki as part of their Community Learning including a Revit manual based on the earlier extensive help system documentation. The wiki can only be edited by users handing their works over to Autodesk. Unlike this manual it may not be freely reproduced.
Please read the introduction before contributing to this book.
- Project Setup
- Electrical Plans
- Area Plans
- Site Work
- Interdisciplinary Coordination
- Construction Documents
- Legends and Schedules
- Advanced Topics
Please feel free to add to or adjust this structure as topics arise.
Revit models are essentially made up of various different families. These families are parametric objects that can take two- and/or three-dimensional form in the project model, and can appear in any view including schedules. Mastering family creation in Revit is a key part of building great building information models.
- Family Creation Overview
- System Families
Revit Architecure is one of the three flavors of the Revit platform. Revit Architecture 2010 is the latest version of the original Revit Building. It includes architectural some structural tools needed for building information models.
- Revit Architecture Overview
Revit Structure is for designing and documenting structural systems. Revit Structure 2010 has the ability to export to a number of structural analysis packages and also offers various extensions to simplify several tasks, such as modeling rebar.
- Revit Structure Overview
Revit MEP is the youngest of the three Revit platform flavors. As the name implies Revit MEP 2010 is for designing, documenting, and analyzing building information models for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Revit MEP Overview
Revit VSTA Macros
Revit 2009 now includes VSTA for creating macros. The interface is similar to Microsoft Office macros.
- VSTA Macros Overview
The current version of Revit is 2012.
- CADclips Corporation Revit Video Tutorials..
- CAD Digest Revit Tutorials
-  Italian Tutorials
- REVIT OpEd Steve Stafford's Blog
-  James Lee's Blog
- Introducing Revit Architecture 2009: BIM for Beginners
- Mastering Revit Architecture 2009
- Mastering Revit Structure 2009
- Revit Architecture 2009: A Comprehensive Guide
- Residential Design Using Revit Architecture 2009 - Available 06/20/2008
- Commercial Design Using Revit Architecture 2009 - Available 07/07/2008
- Paul F. Aubin's Mastering Revit® Architecture 2009 - Available 07/08/2008
- Introducing and Implementing Revit® Architecture 2009 - Available 09/22/2008