The process by which a structure is prepared for deconstruction.
- Wrecking Bar
- Claw Hammer
- Wire Cutters
- Flat Bar
- Hand Truck or Dolly with straps
- 3M Half-face respirator with p100 filters
- Hard Hat
- Tyvek suit
- Safety goggles
- Open all exterior doors
- Clear all debris and obstructive overgrowth from exterior of structure
Note: Avoid removal of exterior doors unless severely damaged or dysfunctional.
Ventalation and VisibilityEdit
- Open windows and open interior doors
- Remove all window coverings
Note: Do not break windows. Avoid removal of interior doors unless severely damaged or dysfunctional.
- Close water main valve
- Turn off main power switch
- Close gas main
- Designate area for placement of debris on street in front of the structure
- Designate area for placement of salvageable items including personal items and building materials