Rail Transport in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a very congested place, with millions of tourists who visit every year. Getting around Vegas and its surrounding areas by rail is faster, more efficient, and environmentally friendly. Therefore, this Wikibook's aim is to cover the basics of rail transport in Las Vegas. This Wikibook is closely related to the larger Getting around Los Angeles by Rail project.
Primm is located where I-15 crosses the California-Nevada stateline and is located around 40 miles away from Las Vegas along I-15.
- Primm Valley-Whiskey Pete's Tram
- Primm Valley-Buffalo Bill's Tram
Las Vegas, NV
The heart of action is located in Las Vegas, which has 3 free tram systems as well as the Las Vegas Monorail.
- Free Trams:
- CityCenter Tram (Monte Carlo-Crystals (CityCenter)-Bellagio)
- Excalibur-Luxor-Mandalay Bay Tram
- Mirage-Treasure Island Tram
- Las Vegas Monorail
Located on the southeast side of the Las Vegas Strip, McCarran International Airport is the major airport that serves Las Vegas. The airport is home to an automated people mover (APM) system.
- McCarran International Airport APMs
Schwager-Davis pioneered the use of the new UniTrak technology, first used in Primm.
- UniTrak System
Although most trams are free, some trams have fares.
- Fares and Passes
For Your Reference:
- Explore the trams and check out our photo gallery at the Multimedia Center.
(The Help Desk is currently managed by Pkkao. If your question isn't answered in a few days, ask it here.)
This timeline will record the progress of the book as it expands. The timeline was last updated on September 16, 2011.
- Book created
- All pages should be created and expanded to 25% by the end of October.
- A title banner like the one for Getting around Los Angeles by Rail would be appreciated.
- This book isn't very large. If at any time a Las Vegas Wikibook is created, this should be immediately merged into that book in some "Transportation" category (e.g. Las Vegas/Transportation/Rail Transport).
- Templates and route maps will eventually be implemented across this Wikibook.
Thanks for all your help!