Prev: Prepare Host
Install Linux (e)
- Create VirtualBox VM
- VirtualBox VM Settings
- OS Installation
- Linux Post Installation
- Install VirtualBox Addons
- Configure Bind DNS
- Prepare Linux for Oracle
Next: Create Cluster
- To connect to the new created virtual machine, create a connection in Putty for the new VM called collabn1 with the IP Address of 192.168.78.51.
On Linux, simply open a terminal; on OS X open a Terminal from Applications->Utilities and enter ssh firstname.lastname@example.org on the commandline. Answer yes to import the host key when you connect to each host for the first time. If there is a Firewall running on the host workstation then you may not be able to push to the RAC node. You either need to disable the firewall or edit the configuration to let the connection through.
- Optionally, create another connection for collabn2 with the IP Address of 192.168.78.52 that will be created later as a clone of collabn1.
- Open the collabn1 connection by clicking Open.
- Click Yes on the Security Alert dialog box.
If connection fails, verify that Virtual Box Network Configuration step was executed
- Enter root at the login as: prompt and racattack at the password: prompt.
- Turn off and disable the firewall IPTables.
You !!!MUST!!! disable IPTABLES. Many folks missing this step and then DNS does not work
[root@collabn1 ~]# service iptables stop iptables: Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ] iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter [ OK ] iptables: Unloading modules: [ OK ]
[root@collabn1 ~]# chkconfig iptables off
[root@collabn1 ~]# chkconfig --list iptables iptables 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
- Disable SELinux. Open the config file and change the SELINUX variable from enforcing to disabled.
[root@collabn1 ~]# vim /etc/selinux/config # This file controls the state of SELinux on the system. # SELINUX= can take one of these three values: # enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced. # permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. # disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded. SELINUX=disabled # SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values: # targeted - Targeted processes are protected, # mls - Multi Level Security protection. SELINUXTYPE=targeted
- Verify that all the network interfaces are up.
[root@collabn1 ~]# ip l 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 link/ether 08:00:27:4f:8a:0b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 3: eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 link/ether 08:00:27:99:7e:95 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 4: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 link/ether 08:00:27:e2:63:7f brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
- Add the DVD as repository.
Go to the VBOX menu => Storage => Add the DVD device to the server Device -> CD/DVD Devices -> Oracle_Linux_6_4.iso
Run "mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom/" command twice if you got "mount: /dev/sr0 already mounted or /media/cdrom/ busy" running it for the first time
Run the following commands:
mkdir /media/cdrom mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom/ cd /etc/yum.repos.d mkdir /tmp/old.yum.repos.d mv * /tmp/old.yum.repos.d cat <<EOF > ol64.repo [OL64] name=Oracle Linux 6.4 x86_64 baseurl=file:///media//cdrom gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY gpgcheck=1 enabled=1 EOF
- Install the database preinstall package oracle-rdbms-server-11gR2-preinstall.
- This package installs all the package requirements for Oracle 11g (but will work also for 12c), configures kernel parameters, creates oracle user and groups and sets the user limits.
[root@collabn1 ~]# yum install -y oracle-rdbms-server-11gR2-preinstall .... Transaction Summary ======================================================================== Install 21 Package(s) Upgrade 2 Package(s) Total download size: 43 M .... Installed: oracle-rdbms-server-11gR2-preinstall.x86_64 0:1.0-8.el6 .... Complete!
- Install additional RPMs that will be used to install and administer the servers.
[root@collabn1 ~]# rpm -ivh /media/cdrom/Packages/kernel-uek-devel-$(uname -r).rpm .... [root@collabn1 ~]# yum install -y tigervnc-server.x86_64 xclock man parted.x86_64 unzip.x86_64 xterm lsof bind xorg-x11-twm Install 12 Package(s) .... Total download size: 22 M .... Complete!
- Uninstall NTP.
[root@collabn1 ~]# yum remove -y ntp .... Removed: ntp.x86_64 0:4.2.4p8-3.el6 .... Complete!
- Unmount the DVD before continuing with the next steps.
[root@collabn1 ~]# umount /media/cdrom