RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/Install VMware Server
- Hardware and Windows Minimum Requirements
- Install VMware Server
- Setup Virtual Networks
- Setup Virtual Storage
- Download Oracle Enterprise Linux
Next: Linux Install
- These labs have been tested with version 2.0.1 of VMware Server. Go to the VMware Server website at http://www.vmware.com/go/getserver
Register for an account if you don't have one already.
- Write down your license number.
- If you are at home, then download VMware Server. If you are at a RAC Attack event then the instructor-provided Jumpstart Drive contains a copy of VMware Server, so that you don't need to download it. (However you still need a license number from the VMware website.)
These labs have been tested with version 2.0.1 of VMware Server.
Run the VMware Installer
Accept the license agreement and all default options during the installation process.
Enter your license information, which is visible at the VMware website on the same page where you downloaded the software.
Reboot your computer if you are asked by the VMware installer.
Last modified on 5 April 2013, at 04:50