RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/Help
You are strongly encouraged (read as begged) to contribute to this book! There are many things you can do to help:
- add new pages (tutorials or reference material)
- upload new images (screen shots)
- edit existing pages (correct errors, improve the writing, or make additions)
- join the team responsible for this WikiBook
Read our local /Manual_of_Style to learn about conventions used in this book. This manual itself actually needs some work too, so your contributions toward improving this documentation of existing conventions would be very welcome.
How to Add New Pages
To add a new page in this book (such as a tutorial or reference):
- Edit the /Bullpen page and add a descriptive wikilink.
- After saving your edit, follow the redlink to create the module and begin adding content to it.
- Preview your work. When you're satisfied it, use the Save page button to add your new module to the wiki.
How to Upload New Images
Images are a vital part of RAC Attack tutorials! They clarify instructions, provide a point of reference, and improve the teaching process.
However: screenshots of software owned by Oracle, VMware or Microsoft are derivative works of copyrighted material - therefor they can only be used under limited circumstances called "fair use" under United States copyright law. Many images in this wikibook fall under this category. Special wikibook privileges are required to upload "fair use" images. If you do not have uploader privileges then you can find some who does from the /Team page. You may contact this person and ask them to upload your "fair use" images.
- are entirely your own creation or
- only use CC-BY-SA/GFDL compatible sources
...should be uploaded to the Commons. (For example, the Book Logo and the Part I Flowchart.) Please make sure every image you use is not copyrighted or that you have permission to use it.
This book is heavy on screenshots -- by design! We encourage you to use screenshots liberally (even under fair-use) since it makes the tutorials much better!
How to Edit Existing Pages
To edit any page in this wikibook:
- Click on the Edit tab at the top of the page.
- Make your change in the large text box.
- Type an explanation of your change in the Edit summary text box below.
- Click on the Show preview button below the edit summary to preview your change.
- If you're satisfied with the result, click on the Save page button.
Your contribution will be reviewed before it is officially published.
Things you shouldn't add to pages:
- external links that are not directly related to the module
- comments or questions regarding the text
To ask questions and make comments about any module:
- Click on the Discussion tab at the top of the page. This will take you to the corresponding talk page. Note that the talk page name begins with the "Talk:" prefix.
- If the topic of your question or comment is under discussion, edit the relevant section.
- If it's a new topic, click on the Add topic tab at the top of the talk page to start a new discussion.
- Sign your message by typing ~~~~ at the end. (This will expand to your username and the date.)
- Remember to save your edit when you're done!
- To return to the WikiBook, click on the Book tab at the top of the talk page.
How to Join the Team
If you want to join our WikiBook team, go to the /Team page for information and advice.Last modified on 5 April 2013, at 14:40