Proteomics/Protein Separations- Electrophoresis/Further Readings
Open Source Articles
- Discussion of the strengths and weakness of using 2-D gel electrophoresis coupled with mass spectrometry for proteomics research
- Beranova-Giorgianni, S. (2003) Proteome analysis by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry: strengths and limitations. Trends in Analytical Chemistry 22(5), 273-281.[]
- Discuss the capabilities of 2DGE when combined with mass spectrometry in proteome analysis
- Stephen J Fey and Peter Mose Larsen(2001) 2D or not 2D: Current Opinion in Chemical Biology 2001, 5:26–33[]
- Discusses a variant of QPNC-PAGE
- Kastenholz, B. 2004. Preparative native continuous polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PNC-PAGE): An efficient method for isolating cadmium cofactors in biological systems. Anal. Lett. 37, 657-665.
- Contributions of QPNC-PAGE
- Kastenholz, B. 2006. Important contributions of a new quantitative preparative native continuous polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (QPNC-PAGE) procedure for elucidating metal cofactor metabolisms in protein-misfolding diseases – a theory. Protein Pept. Lett. 13, 503-508. Special issue [Hot Topic: Recent Advances in Protein and Peptide Chemistry Related to Cellular Regulation (Guest Editor: John W. Ho)].
Last modified on 6 May 2008, at 16:51↑Jump back a section
Subscription Required Articles
- Review of high-throughput separation methods including a discussion on gel-electrophoresis based techniques
- Suresh, S., Mohan, S., Mishra, G., Hanumanthu, G., Suresh, M., Reddy, R., Pandey, A. (2005) Proteomic resources: Integrating biomedical information in humans. Gene 364, 13-18. Abstact[]
- Discuss the merits of 2D-PAGE when coupled with ICAT in quantitative proteome analysis
- Marcus Smolka‡, Huilin Zhou§, and Ruedi Aebersold§(2002) Quantitative Protein Profiling Using Two-dimensional Gel electrophoresis,Isotope-coded Affinity Tag Labeling, and Mass Spectrometry. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 1:19–29,[]
- Discuss the merits and drawbacks of 2DGE and ICAT
- Wayne F Patton*, Birte Schulenberg and Thomas H Steinberg(2002) Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; better than a poke in the ICAT?. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 13:321–328 Abstract []
- Highlights the advances of 2D gels in quantitative proteomics
- Kathryn S Lilley, Azam Razzaq and Paul Dupree(2001)Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis: recent advances in sample preparation, detection and quantitation. Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, 6:46–50 Abstact[]
- Review of historical and current multi-dimensional peptide separation methods
- Issaq, H., Chan, K., Janini, G., Conrads, T., Veenstra, T. (2005) Multidimensional separation of peptides for effective proteomic analysis. Journal of Chromatography B 817 (1), 35-47.