Last modified on 16 July 2009, at 20:50
You should be prepared for going into the outdoors even if is for less than a day.
- Make sure you know the area you are going to ahead of time even if it is just looking at maps.
- Check the weather.
- Tell some one you trust where you are going and for how long. If you are going some where with a park service tell them too.
- Make sure the people going with you are prepared.
- Know some first aid and read this wikibook.
- Talk to some one who has been where you are going or has more experience, better yet invite them along.
- Make sure you keep your car in good condition for car trips.
- Bring a survival kit.
- Go with at least one person if you can.
- Practice survival skills. Practicing them can be lots of fun.
If an emergency happens relax, prioritize, and be creative with what you have.