OpenSCAD User Manual/CGAL From Source
- This page is intended for cases where the process at OpenSCAD_User_Manual/Building_on_Linux/UNIX has failed for some reason. Please file an issue on OpenSCAD's github if the above process did not work for you. In the meantime, these instructions might provide a workaround solution for you.
- If your system already has an outdated binary CGAL package installed (such as libcgal-dev) you best remove it with something like 'apt-get purge libcgal-dev'.
- If you custom-compiled BOOST, set the BOOST_ROOT environment variable to the installation location
- Download CGAL from  . Try to get the latest version.
sudo apt-get install libboost-dev cmake libmpfr-dev libgmp3-dev
tar -xf CGAL-*tar*
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/openscad_deps
sudo make install
Last modified on 14 January 2013, at 05:23
- Note that some older systems, like NetBSD5, wont compile CGAL - either because CGAL wasn't ported to work with them or their compiler is too old or other reasons.