OpenOffice.org is a free, open source alternative to Microsoft Office and WordPerfect. It provides almost all of the functionality at no cost to the end user. You can read more about the creators and the project's goals here.
This manual also works for LibreOffice.
OpenOffice.org is as an office suite, is divided into several related sub-applications. These applications are designed to work together but can also work like a stand alone programs:
- Find & Replace: OpenOffice.org's Find and Replace Function, from simple search and replace to the use of Regular Expressions.
Miscellaneous topics↑Jump back a section
Derived Works (Forks)
An up-to-date list is kept at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DerivedWorks.
- Wikibooks: Microsoft Office
- OpenOffice.org User Guide (2.0 Draft 11). Note that this is a 470 page PDF file and may take a few moments to download/open depending on your connection speed.
- OpenOffice.org data recovery Hopefully it never happens, but if it does use these steps to recover data from corrupted or problem files in OpenOffice.org.
- OpenOffice.org 2.0 lessons in Flash format
- How to install OpenOffice.org in Windows XP
- Using C++ with OOo's SDK
- T.R. Darr - Responsible for the bulk of the content (at the time of this writing; feel free to change that).
- Roger Que - Information on OpenOffice.org being pre-installed with Linux distributions
- Klingoncowboy4 - Added version, writer, and additional windows download info. Started Writer Tutorial.
- Gesiwuj - Added descriptions and images of each application.
- User: BLibrestez55 - Added description http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Blibrestez55/Books/BLibrestez_Certification_Writer]