Learn with pictures
- दिंडी = dinDi; a ritual pilgrmage in Maharashtra.
- पगडी = pagaDi; alternate पागोटे = pAgoTe The pinkish red turban traditional Marathi head gear.
- उपरणे = uparaNe; a cotton maffalar/stroll (many times used like a long cotton napkin)
- कुर्ता = kurtA; a cotton shirt with long slieves
- धोती = dhoti; a traditional cotton attire for men instead of trousers.
- घागर = ghAgar; a water pot (carried on the head by woman in this picture)
- चोळी = choLi; a blouse for women used with the sari a traditional attire
- नऊवारी= na,uvAri; a nine yard cotton sari a traditional attire.
- alternatively लुगडे = lugaDe; sari (in literal sense a cloth woven on loom cloth weaving is one of the oldest tradition in this part of the world.
- Pronounciation as of english alphabate A same pronounciation is in Marathi as ए = used to seek attention amongst young kids. (Dont use with elderly or unknown people to you)
- Remember pronounciation ए is not as of other words starting with A
- Remember pronounciation ए is usually like pronounciation as of english vowel e in pet, get
- pronounciation ए is also like a in english as of ate,gate,mate,rate
- ए is Seventh vowel in Marathi language
- Vowels in Marathi language अ, आ, इ, ई, उ, ऊ, ए, ऐ, ओ, औ, ऋ,ॠ, ऌ,ॡ, ॲ, ऑ