Linux Audio: A Guide For Beginner and Beyond
For the Beginner
- Get a basic sound-enabled system up and running
- First Things First
- Choosing A Distribution
Linux Sound Systems and Terminology
- Sound Support History
- Basic block for sound support, "Safe ALSA" standard
- For the Pro-Audio-Minded User
- The JACK Audio Connection Kit
- Linux DAW - Digital Audio Workstation
- Using linux as an audio workstation for sound and music: system setup, software, hardware, MIDI and optimizing for low-latency.
- Video Synchronization
- Audio aspect related to video creation and editting: hardware differences, synchronization, format conversion, and media authoring.
- WEB Audio
- Making rich media content for web: web-based formats, tools, optimizations and streaming.
- Game Audio
- Playing games: system settings, peripheral devices, surround sound output and wine compatibility.
Audio Programming in Linux
- Linux Audio API
- How to develop sound-enabled software: introduction to libraries and techniques with examples.
- List of Dependencies and Compiling Tips
- Development prerequisites and requirements
Last modified on 7 June 2012, at 21:29↑Jump back a section