Laboratory Safety/Emergency Procedure
- When instructed, leave the lab immediately.
- pull the fire alarm as you exit and make sure to close the door. Most labs are designed to keep the fire inside and prevent it from spreading.
- Do not use elevators. Always use stairs.
- Go to the previously discussed evacuation zone.
- Once in safety, call 911 for assistance
- In case of an earthquake, take shelter under the desk and move away from hazardous materials
Kennedy, Shelia, and John Palmer. Chemistry Lab Safety Manual. UCSD, 2010. eBook.Last modified on 19 March 2012, at 20:46