LPI Linux Certification/Setup A Display Manager
Candidates should be able setup and customize a display manager. This objective covers the display managers XDM (X Display Manger), GDM (Gnome Display Manager) and KDM (KDE Display Manager).
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Turn the display manager on or off.
- Change the display manager greeting.
- Change default color depth for the display manager.
- Configure display managers for use by X-stations.
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- xdm configuration files
- kdm configuration files
- gdm configuration files