Last modified on 24 January 2011, at 20:37
Candidates should know how to review system configuration to ensure host security in accordance with local security policies.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Audit a system to find files with the suid/sgid bit set.
- Set or change user passwords and password aging information.
- Being able to use nmap and netstat to discover open ports on a system.
- Set up limits on user logins, processes and memory usage.
- Basic sudo configuration and usage.
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities: