Last modified on 1 June 2009, at 01:51
Stages of laborEdit
- This stage of labor is the longest, lasting 6 to 14 hours.
- This stage begins when the uterus starts regular contractions, which cause dilation.
- During this second stage of labor, the baby actually moves through the birth canal and is delivered. Lasting an average of 30 minutes to 2 hours. This stage ends with the delivery of the baby
- after birth
- During the third and final stage, the placenta and other membranes emerge through the birth canal.
- This stage usually lasts and hour, and the mother continues to experience weaker contractions.
- Types of delivery
- Drugs during delivery