- Size G hook
- Cotton yarn in two colors
- Chain stitch 15 stitches.
- Turn. Make a one chain stitch turning chain.
- Single crochet each row until the item is square, about 18 rows.
- Switch to contrasting color. Half double crochet around the entire border.
- Work in loose ends.
Repeat until the desired number of coasters are complete.
The pictured example is displayed in a paper mache box. For a simpler way to complete the project as a gift, make a long chain stitch in the border color and use it to tie together the coasters in a bow.