- Application software
- Application software is all of the programs on a computer that to e specific task. i.e. playing video games, or typing a paper.
- Booting up a computer is the process where you first turn it on after a time where the computer is off. The computer does a system check to ensure everything is operational between the OS, Bios, and hardware.
- A computer is any electronic device that is programmable, accepts input, processes that data, and produces an output.
- Domain name
- A domain name is a text based name that is unique to each computer on the internet.
- Email or electronic mail is a digital message sent from one user to another through a network or the internet.
- Embedded computer
- An embedded computer is a small computing device that does a specific function for that device.
- Hardware is the physical, tangible parts of a computer.
- Input is where you would enter data to the computer, usually be means of peripherals. Such as keyboard and mouse.
- Simply put the internet is a network of networks, connecting millions of computers together.
- Internet service provider
- The internet being a network of networks, you must be able to connect to said network and the only way is through an internet service provider(ISP). Generally the ISP is a large company that you would pay monthly for this service.
- Operating system
- An operating system (OS) is the major system software that controls all other system applications, and manages the computer hardware. All PC's need an OS.
- Output occurs after the computer processes the data you inputted and displays said data.
1. Keyboards and mice are two forms of _______ devices?
2. Microsoft word and windows media player are examples of ________
3. Comcast and AT&T are _________
4. The initial start up for a computer is the ____ sequence.
5. Before it is information it is ____.
6. The ___ helps to identify websites by a specific name.
7. The chip inside the computer which is essentially the "brain" of the whole system is called the ______
8. The physical parts of a computer are _______
9. A network of networks is called the ______
10. When sending a digital message from one computer to another you are using your _______
- Wikipedia: Application software
- Wikipedia: Boot up
- Wikipedia: Computer
- Wikipedia: Domain name
- Wikipedia: Electronic mail
- Wikipedia: Embedded system
- Wikipedia: Computer hardware
- Wikipedia: Input device
- Wikipedia: Internet
- Wikipedia: Internet service provider
- Wikipedia: Operating system
- Wikipedia: Input/output
1. Input devices
2. Application software
3. ISP(Internet service providers
6. Web address or domain name