- The country first declared its independence in 1911 but it was not until 1945 that it was formally recognized by the international community. Before that date it was heavily influenced by the Soviet Union which treated it as a province.
- Meter stamps with USSR inscriptions were used well after 1945, and it was not until 1996 when the first meter inscribed “MONGOLIA” was found.
- Inscribed “MONGOLIA” in the top panel and “BA” prefix and M# at bottom.
- Large outlined letter “P” at left of value figures.
- Despite their recent vintage few of these stamps are known to exist.
- TM: DC
- V/F: 0000