- The country was a region of the former Soviet Union and became an independent country in 1991.
- Meter stamps with Soviet Union markings continued to be used in Armenia after independence. See SOVIET UNION for these stamps.
- Only one stamp inscribed “ARMENIA” has been seen so far.
1. Hasler “Mailmaster” (MV).
- Horizontal frank with panels at top, bottom and sides.
- At top, “A” and “M” flanking oval logo.
- “POST” stacked at right, Armenian characters stacked at left.
- Country name at bottom in Armenian (left) and English (right).
- M# with “AH” prefix breaks bottom frame line.
- TM: SC
- V/F: 00000