Benefits of having citizenship include:
- the ability to vote.
- the ability to run for office.
- can receive a number of government benefits.
- status in the country cannot be revoked.
There are three ways of getting citizenship:
- born in Canada
- born to parents with Canadian citizenship
Those who successfully obtained permanent resident status will lose that status upon gaining citizenship.
- Citizenship Photo Specifications [Form CIT 0021]
Filling out the ApplicationEdit
Test - "A Look at Canada"Edit
All applicants between the age of 18 and 59 are required to pass a test regarding the many aspects of Canada. This includes basics on how the government works, as well as geography such as location and names of cities and provinces.