Handbook of Management Scales/Multi-functional employees
- Employees receive training to perform multiple tasks.
- Employees at this plant learn how to perform a variety of tasks.
- The longer an employee has been at this plant, the more jobs they learn to perform.
- Employees are cross-trained at this plant, so that they can fill in for others, if necessary.
- At this plant, employees learn only how to do one job (R).
- Flynn/Flynn (1999): Information-Processing Alternatives for Coping with Manufacturing Environment Complexity. Decision Sciences, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 1021-1052.