Here is where you can find a list of public repositories. Feel free to pull down a sample project and play with it.
Free and public
This is a current list of repositories that will host anything (within reason) free under the condition that it is appropriately licensed and open-source.
- git.sv.gnu.org Free Software Foundation's official GNU Savannah Git hosting
- repo.or.cz Git's primary free repository is maintained by Petr Baudis, who is also the maintainer of the git home page. Numerous notable projects are synced to that repository such as Postgres, and Linus's copy of the linux kernel tree. The repository and all of its projects can be inspected on the web thanks to the mod_perl gitweb interface.
Birds of a Feather (BOF)
Please do not ask to create a project on these public repositories unless your project relates to that of the repository.
- git.kernel.org Official Kernel git repository
- gitweb.freedesktop.org X Window System specific git repository
- git.debian.org Debian specific, hosted by Debian.
Public project specific repositories
- github.com Offers free and paid repository management with some custom tools.
- Assembla Offers free public or private repository(500Mb) with Trac tickets or integrated tickets. Commercial subscriptions costs 19$/month for 2Gb of disk space.