The Los Angeles metropolitan area hosts a number of rail transportation systems, the most notable of which are Metro Rail (operated by LACMTA, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority), Metrolink (a commuter rail system serving the greater Los Angeles area), and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner (an Amtrak line serving San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Luis Obispo).
This book is designed to instruct readers on how to get around Los Angeles by rail.
Table of ContentsEdit
- Ventura County Line
- Antelope Valley Line
- San Bernardino Line
- Riverside Line
- Orange County Line
- Inland Empire-Orange County Line
- 91 Line
- Burbank-Bob Hope Airport Line
- Los Angeles Union Station
- Metro Rail Stations (this is a redirect to /Metro Rail/Stations)
- Metro Rail Transfer Stations
- Metrolink Stations (this is a redirect to /Metrolink/Stations)
- LA Metro Tourist Attractions
- Metrolink and Amtrak Tourist Attractions
- San Diego Sprinter & Coaster Tourist Attractions
Any additional categories would be appreciated.
This project is coming along very well. In this section, major achievements are listed by month. This timeline was last updated September 14, 2011.
- Book created
- Metro Rail developed to 50% (current stage)
- Metro Red Line, Metro Purple Line, Metro Green Line, Metro Blue Line, Metro Gold Line developed to 25%
- Stations developed to 25%
- Metro Rail Transfer Stations, Imperial/Wilmington, 7th Street/Metro Center developed to 25% (current stage)
- Metro Green Line, Metro Blue Line, Metro Gold Line developed to 50% (current stage)
- Stations developed to 75% (current stage)
- Metro Red Line and Metro Purple Line developed to 50% (current stage)
- Book navbox template created
- Title logo created
- Metro Rail Transfer Stations, Imperial/Wilmington, 7th Street/Metro Center improved to 50% (current stage)
- Metro Rail currently has an acceptable amount of information for now (expansions are always welcome). At the moment, it might be preferable to start the Metrolink pages.
- However, Metro Rail still lacks information about the fares in "/The Savvy Traveler/Fares and Passes" and an article about the tourist attractions in LA County at "/Major LA Tourist Attractions/Metro Rail Tourist Attractions."
- Finally, route maps need to be implemented across the book on most pages that discuss lines (e.g. Green Line and 91 Line (future).
Thanks for all your help!