Geometry for Elementary School/Construction
In this section, we will learn how to construct things. That means drawing things in an accurate way.
Before you start
Answer these simple questions to check your understanding:
- What is the angle sum of triangles?
- What is the difference between a line segment and a line?
- Apart from being equilateral, what other features do equilateral triangles have?
If your answer to any of these questions is know, you should re-read the first part before advancing any further.
Table of contents
- Our tools: Ruler and compasses
- Constructing equilateral triangle
- Copying a line segment
- Copying a triangle
- Copying an angle
- Constructing a triangle
- Why the constructions are not correct?
- Bisecting an angle
- Bisecting a segment