||A reader requests expansion of this book to include more material.
You can help by adding new material (learn how) or ask for assistance in the reading room.
||A reader requests that the formatting and layout of this book be improved.
Good formatting makes a book easier to read and more interesting for readers. See Editing Wikitext for ideas, and WB:FB for examples of good books.
Please continue to edit this book and improve formatting, even after this message has been removed. See the discussion page for current progress.
- “What I cannot create, I do not understand.”
- — Richard P. Feynman
Here you can find algorithms and examples of source code for drawing fractals.
Multiplatform, open source and free tools are suggested.
Make a good description of programa/algorithms. Program is as good as it's documentation.
Try to disjoin computing parameters from creating images ( in other words : "separate the calculation phase from the colouring phase" Claude Heiland-Allen) It can slow the program but makes it easier to understand the algorithm ).
If it is possible make one-file programs.
- Iterations of real numbers : 1D
- Iterations of complex numbers :2D
- Rational maps
- Iterations of Chebyshev polynomials
- Complex quadratic polynomials
- Dynamical plane : Julia and Fatou set
- Julia set
- Fatou set
- Basin of attraction of superattracting fixed point (infinity) : exterior of all Julia sets and interior of some Julia sets
- Interior of Julia sets:
- Basin of attraction of attracting periodic/fixed point - Koenigs coordinate
- Local dynamics near indifferent fixed point/cycle
- Parameter plane and Mandelbrot set
- Topological model of Mandelbrot set : Lavaurs algorithm and lamination of parameter plane
- Parts of parameter plane
- Transformations of parameter plane
- The Buddhabrot.
- exponential families
- trigonometric families
- The Newton-Raphson fractal
- Rational maps
- Quaternion Fractals : 3D
- Iterated function systems
- Nonlinear IFS
- Flame fractals
- Links to other fractal learning resources on the web