FOSS Licensing/About the Author
Shun-ling Chen did her master degrees in law both at National Taiwan University and Harvard Law School. Her research interests and political commitments have been mainly about how self-organized social agencies are able to instigate driving forces for structural transitions. She has been working with various NGOs and sees FOSS as one of such community building processes. Until the summer of 2004, she was the project co-lead of Creative Commons Taiwan and served in the OSSF project as the project manager of its Law and Policy team.
Built with FOSS modules, OSSF is a public platform that offers free (as in free beer!) tools and spaces for FOSS community to develop their projects. The OSSF is carried out by the Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan.
The author (Shun-ling Chen) would like to acknowledge her debt of gratitude to the following:
- The reviewers of this primer, Richard M. Stallman, Eric S. Raymond, Dr. Nah Soo Hoe, Aniruddha Shankar, Mahesh T. Pai, and Kenneth Wong for their valuable comments and suggestions.
- Her colleagues at the OSSF project and the FOSS community members who have developed their projects on the OpenFoundry, for providing their valuable inputs towards understanding FOSS licensing issues and developing the ideas contained in this primer.
- The current and former UNDP-APDIP colleagues Sunil Abraham, Khairil Yusof, Phet Sayo, Shahid Akhtar and Kenneth Wong for their efforts and assistance that made this primer possible.
- And finally, those who have contributed their time, efforts, and resources to the FOSS movement with enthusiasm which has shown us what voluntary collaboration among human beings can achieve.
This book is a wiki. You can edit this book too, if you want! If you make a significant contribution to this project, please list your name here:
- Andrew Whitworth 14:00, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
- Performed the initial conversion from PDF, and the transfer of this material to the wikibooks server. He set up most of the initial formatting.