|Source books||Monster Manual|
The brownie is a distant relative of the halfling that dwells in quiet, pastoral areas.
The D&D brownie has appeared in the following publications:
- The first edition Monster Manual (1977).
- As a player character class for the D&D basic game in Tall Tales of the Wee Folk (1989).
- The DMR2 Creature Catalog (1993).
- The second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume One (1989),
- Reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993).
- The third edition in the article "Adventure Locales: The Silent Manse" on the Wizards of the Coast web site in 2004.
- A player character race in White Dwarf #29 (Feb. 1982).
- The Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
- As a type of sprite in Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene (2003), for the Kingdoms of Kalamar setting.
Last modified on 7 August 2012, at 21:46↑Jump back a section
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Nephew, John. Creature Catalog (TSR, 1993)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume One (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Wizards of the Coast web site (Adventure Locales: The Silent Manse)
- White Dwarf (Games Workshop) (29): 24. February 1982.
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 30. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
- Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene. (Kenzer & Company, Wizards of the Coast, 2003)