- 2 medium-size slices of crustless stale bread, soaked briefly in water
- For frying: 75 g (3 oz) plain flour, 150 ml (1/4 pint) vegetable oil
- 500 g (1 lb) minced lamb or beef
- 1 medium-size onion, grated thickly
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint, or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper
- Squeeze out excess water from the soaked bread, leaving it quite dry.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Köfte in a bowl and mix well.
- Make walnut-shaped balls and keep them covered until they are to be eaten. Then roll them lightly in flour and fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until golden all over. They can be shallow -or deep- fried.
Serve it with basmati rice or bulgur pilav.Last modified on 19 August 2011, at 15:49