Cookbook:Wakeup Sausage Casserole
|Wakeup Sausage Casserole|
|Time||prep 30 minutes (while oven preheating)
cook 45 minutes
1½ hours total
Wakeup Sausage Casserole
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, tops only, sliced
- 24 ounces evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 1 pound hot bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 8 cups (8 to 10 slices) ½ inch cubed French or Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- (Cook, drain, and crumble sausage.)
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Combine shredded cheese, eggs, garlic powder, green onion tops, evaporated milk, onion powder, red pepper, and sausage.
- Add bread cubes and gently stir to just moisten cubes.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Serve warm.