|Servings||5 or 6 persons|
- 4 medium russet potatoes (7 to 9 ounces)
- Vegetable oil to rub on potato skins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- Bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to .
- Rub potato skins with vegetable oil to ensure crispness.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour until done.
- Carefully remove potatoes from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp with a small spoon.
- Mash potato pulp with a fork until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the empty potato shells.
- Add toppings on top of the potatoes (optional)
- Increase oven setting to broil.
- Broil potatoes 10 or 15 minutes until spotty brown and crisp.