- 3 cups (720ml) cooked mashed potatoes
- 425g tin tuna, drained
- 3/4 cup (180ml) tinned corn
- 3/4 cup (180ml) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup (120ml) cooked carrots, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs – coriander, basil, parsley
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) breadcrumbs
- Combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Shape mixture into patties and gently roll in breadcrumbs until well coated.
- Place patties on a baking tray and cook in a moderately hot oven (200˚C /400˚F) for 30-35 minutes, turning once until golden brown and crisp. or
- Place patties under a moderately hot grill and cook for 8-10 minutes each side until golden brown and crisp. or
- Heat a small amount oil in a large frying pan and fry patties for 5 minutes each side until crisp and golden, drain well and keep warm to serve.