Cookbook:Tripes à la mode de Caen
|Tripes à la mode de Caen
||12 - 14
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | French cuisine
- 6 lbs. tripe, cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 calf's foot, boned and cut into pieces
- 2 lbs. marrow bone
- 1 cup apple brandy
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 10 shallotts minced
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Last modified on 4 November 2006, at 13:15
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Place in a marmite, deep casserole or Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid. Then wrap the casserole completely in foil.
- Cook for 10- 12 hours. Remove bones before serving.