The following recipe makes a ten inch (25cm) omelette that will feed from one to four persons.
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Vegetable or olive oil
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 white onion
- 6 large eggs
- Heat the garlic and a small amount of oil in a ten inch frying pan until garlic is browned.
- Add the rest of the oil and heat to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit (200c).
- Cube or slice the potatoes and coarsely chop the onion; add to hot oil and fry until brown.
- Strain the potatoes, onions, and garlic and reserve about two tablespoons of oil.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add potatoes, onions, and garlic to beaten eggs and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Put reserved tablespoons of oil in original ten inch frying pan and place over low-medium heat.
- Add egg/potato/onion/garlic mixture to frying pan; fry, lifting up edges of tortilla española to allow uncooked egg to run underneath and cook.
- Serve after cooked as a pizza with your choice of toppings: salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, etc., are all very good choices.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language