- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 tbs Thai chile paste
- 24 jumbo peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice or noodles (optional)
- 1/4 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine soy sauce, paste, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil and broth. Set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add peanut oil and shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp is pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry until bell pepper has taken on slight browning. Remove and keep warm.
- Add liquid mixture to pan and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add shrimp and vegetables back to pan and toss. Heat through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately over rice or noodles.
If you're serving this to somebody with a peanut allergy, don't be worried. The allergens are in the protein part, not the fat part. However, steer clear of these peanut oils: Cold press and organic, which we wouldn't use anyways, because they have too low of a smoke point.