This dressing is similar to several commercial brands. It is excellent on salad, rice or as a marinade.
- 1 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 6 T Tahini
- 6 T Cider Vinegar (Heinze)
- 4 T Lemon Juice (RealLemon)
- 5 T Soy Sauce (Kikkoman)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan gum
- In a blender combine first eight ingredients and mix on high for about two minutes. You will see a change in the texture of the mixture as the Xanthan gum starts to work, the result is a very smooth, creamy appearance.
- Add the final three ingredients and blend on low, just until mixed.
Makes about three 8oz. bottles @ ~$.75ea.
Notes, tips and VariationsEdit
- Xanthan gum is available in grocery stores, look in the natural grains section. It is a white powder, about $10 for an 8oz bag.
- Be careful with the Xanthan gum; too much and the mixture will turn into a rubbery glob, too little and the oil and water will separate.
- If brand substitutions are made then the recipe may need adjustment. This dressing has a very strong flavors that need to be balanced. When in balance, the flavor really explodes.