Tacos de Bistec is a popular dish in Mexico. This form of the taco can be found in all areas.
- Shaved Steak, or cut steak may work.
- Corn Oil, or manteca (lard) (can be omitted or substantially minimized)
- Cilantro, diced small
- Onions, diced quite small
- Salsa Verde (Can be bought pre-made in a supermarket)
- Cut the onions and cilantro and put them in bowls.
- Cut the limes in 4 pieces.
- Shave, or cut the steak into fine pieces.
- Put the corn oil, or manteca in a pan or griddle and warm it up.
- Cook the steak in the pan as needed.
- When the steak is ready, keep it warm. You can also use the same pan to warm or cook the tortillas, if you wish.
- Next warm or make the tortillas.
- Once everything is ready. Put the meat down the middle in the tortillas, which typically are used in layers of two to help the taco hold together without breaking (flour tortillas only need one layer).
- Squeeze as much lime juice as wanted over the meat as wanted.
- Put as much cilantro, onions and salsa verde as wanted.