Cookbook:Soup alla Canavese
Soup alla Canavese, a tasty Italian soup
- white stock
- 2 oz (55g) butter
- half onions
- half carrot
- half a stick celery
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- Parmesan cheese
- Chop half an onion, half a carrot, half a stick of celery and a small amount of fat bacon and fry in two ounces of butter.
- Combine the mixture with a white stock and boil for a few minutes before passing it through a sieve and combining with two tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Drain half of a blanched, cold cauliflower and break into small bunches before combining with the stock and mixture, along with a small amount of sage and parsley.
- Let the mixture boil before adding grated Parmesan cheese and pepper.
The dish is traditionally served with Parmesan separately available to add to taste.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes.Last modified on 20 November 2011, at 00:09