- 4 whole chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs lemon pepper
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs black peppercorns, cracked
- Forearm-sized mesquite wood chunks
- Yellow mustard
Last modified on 4 June 2010, at 21:53
- Combine seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush chicken with mustard. This will help make a crust. Press seasoning mixture into both sides of meat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees F with mesquite. Add chicken pieces and insert a probe thermometer into one of them. Cook, adding wood as needed, until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Move to a very. very high grill and cook until charred and marked. Flip and repeat.
- Serve immediately with desired side dishes.