Shortcrust pastry is a buttery, crumbly pastry which is often used as a base for tarts. This is an eggless version.
- 150g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 120 g (1 cup) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 120 g (3/4 cup) potato flour
- Cream together butter, sugar, and lemon rind in a bowl.
- Sift together the plain and potato flours into a mound.
- Make a well in the center of the mound and add the creamed mixture.
- Knead lightly until the dough is consistent.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour before use.