Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Sarmi is a Bulgarian dish of stuffed cabbage leaves, which shows significant Greek influences.
Last modified on 28 May 2010, at 20:52
- Fry the finely chopped onions in some of the oil and some water, stir in the paprika and take off the stove.
- Add the meat, rice, pepper, mint and finely chopped parsley.
- Pour over warm salted water and simmer until the water is absorbed by the rice.
- Scale the vine or cabbage leaves with salted hot water and put one teaspoonful of the mixture on each leaf.
- Roll together and arrange in a saucepan, pour over one and a half cupful of warm water and a spoonful fat, close with a lid and simmer on a low fire. When ready, pour over the beaten yogurt and melted butter with stirred in paprika.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice. Enjoy!