Rissoles (ris·sole) is an extremely popular traditional Australian dish, similar to the American meatloaf.
- 1 kilogram of regular grade beef mince (ground beef)
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Gravy powder or flour
- various herbs
- Place beef mince in mixing bowl with eggs, breadcrumbs and your favourite meat herbs and seasonings.
- Mix thoroughly. When fully mixed, remove one handful and mould into a the shape of a very thick hamburger patty.
- Roll the rissole in either flour or gravy powder (depending on your preferences).
- Cook on a hotplate, BBQ or in a frying pan on a medium level of heat until cooked through and outer layer is crunchy.
Serve with vegetables, hot chips, salad or by themselves on bread or toast to make rissole burgers.Last modified on 16 May 2010, at 16:09