- 500 gm (1lb) fresh trimmed rhubarb
- 75 gm (3oz) caster sugar
- 2 tbsps water
- 150 gm( 6oz) self-raising flour
- 75 gm (3oz) butter
- 100 gm (4oz) brown sugar
Last modified on 11 May 2010, at 11:55
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces and stew for a short time with the caster sugar and water until tender.
- While the rhubarb is stewing, in a bowl mix the flour & butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Place the cooked rhubarb in a deep pie dish (1lt / 2pt).
- Spoon over the crumble topping and spread out evenly
- Cook crumble for about 25mins until the crumble is golden brown.
Serve with custard or cream or even vanilla ice cream.