- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of milk (125ml)
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter or margarine (optional)
- 1 potato, chopped into 1/4" - 1/2" cubes (approximately 1cm)
- 1 small onion, minced or chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese (50g), shredded
Makes 2 omelettes.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix in milk.
- Heat up two frying pans to a medium temperature.
- Use butter, margarine, or cooking spray on each pan.
- Add chopped potatoes to one pan.
- Cook potatoes until light brown, then add onions.
- Add half of egg mixture to the other pan.
- Cook omelet mixture until it starts to set (about 1 minute).
- Add onions, potatoes, and cheese on top of partially set omelet.
- Fold plain side of omelet over the filling and cook for an additional 30 seconds
The goal is to get the filling cooked at about the same time the omelette is ready to be folded.