Cookbook:Pork Burritos with Green Pepper Sauce
|Pork Burritos with Green Pepper Sauce|
|Time||Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 8 to 10 hours
Stand time 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped (~1 cup)
- 1 16-ounce jar medium chunky salsa
- 1 16-ounce jar mild chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (~1 cup)
- 8 scallions, chopped (~1 cup)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped (~1 cup)
- ¼ cup lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 4-pound boneless pork loin roast, tied or netted
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 12 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (~2 cups)
Last modified on 19 March 2010, at 23:32↑Jump back a section
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir the next 10 ingredients into the skillet.
- Put the pork roast into 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover roast with salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove roast and let stand 10 minutes on cutting board.
- Shred pork with forks.
- Transfer 5 cups salsa mixture from cooker into 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in chiles.
- Cook over medium heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook and stir 15 minutes to thicken mixture.
- Spoon a cup of shredded pork down center of each tortilla.
- Top with 2 tablespoons green chile sauce.
- Roll sides of tortilla over and then fold up ends to hold filling.
- Cover burritos with rest of green chile sauce and cheese.