Cookbook:Pollo Del Fungo
|Pollo Del Fungo|
Dining last night at 407 my two friends and I had an incredible appetizer. The restaurant is very good but this dish alone may justify its existence. We asked the waiter what went into the dish and a few minutes later the chef came out. He sat down and was happy to outline the dish for us.
- 400 grams of chicken breast
- 3 medium mushrooms
- ½ cup flour
- black pepper
- lemon pepper
- hot paprika
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Cut 16 3"x½" strips of chicken.
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- Mince the mushroom until very fine.
- Mix flour, ⅔ of the minced mushrooms, salt, black pepper, and a pinch of crumbled rosemary.
- Heat a large frying pan with a small amount of oil and a pinch of black pepper.
- Roll the chicken strips in the flour mixture and fry.
- While the chicken is frying, mix (preferably grind) together:
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- dash hot paprika
- dash salt
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Add the spice mix and the remaining mushrooms.
- Reduce for a minute or two, then add stock.
- Reduce to a sauce consistency.
- On each plate stack 4 chicken strips and spoon 1 to 2 tbsps of sauce on top.
Serves fourLast modified on 1 November 2007, at 16:28