Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- Soak the split peas overnight in cold water, lightly salted.
- Then drain and grind finely using a mill or food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients using water to make it to a dropping consistency.
- Drop into hot oil, squishing through thumb and forefinger to make balls, about ¾ inch in diameter.
- Fry until golden brown, remove from oil and drain on brown paper or kitchen towel.
Note: This is a side dish that may be eaten with spicy dhaal, or with spicy "sour" chutney, (similar to mango chutney).
Last modified on 24 April 2010, at 18:29