This mix will save you from having to eat creosote-flavored instant pancakes for breakfast.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (check expiration date)
- 1 tbsp double-acting baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Use within 3 months.
- 2 cups Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 stick butter
- Fresh fruit if desired
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to 350°.
- Combine buttermilk with egg whites and combine melted butter with egg yolks. Combine two mixtures.
- Place wet mixture on dry mixture and stir for 10 seconds and 10 seconds only. Walk away if you feel you need to stir more.
- Grease griddle with butter and wipe with paper towels until you can't see it. Gently ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle and sprinkle on fruit if desired. When bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancake and the griddle-side of the cake is golden, gently flip the pancakes. Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancake is set. Serve.