Palatschinke is an Austrian dish similar to the pancake. It possibly originates from Romania or Hungary given the etymology of the word. It's a tasty dish for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup (160ml) of milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups (480ml) chopped fruit or whole berries of your choice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Strain the batter to get rid of lumps, then put in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Brush 12 inch (30cm) pan with butter. Ladle batter onto pan as if making crepes. leave space for spreading.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Combine orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract in medium saucepan. Bring to boil and add fruit.
- Put 2 tbsp fruit mixture on each crepes and fold over. sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.