Cookbook:Pad Thai Sauce
Pad Thai sauce is commonly used in a Thai dish that shares the same name. This is a simplified version that is versatile enough to use in many other dishes.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (preferably peanut oil)
- 3 tablespoons tamarind or pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ground Thai tea leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- Mince the garlic. Lightly brown the garlic in a frying pan over high heat with the oil.
- Combine the juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar and mix thoroughly
- After mixture starts bubbling, add the chili paste and cornstarch. mix well and cook for another minute or two.
Now you're done!
This recipe works best with rice noodles and is a great addition to any cook's stir-fry repertoire.Last modified on 6 April 2010, at 22:20